Friday, May 14, 2010

I Miss My Boy

I haven't seen my Brutus boy for a week. My Mom was sick when I headed to her house last weekend to do a garage sale with her, and ended up in the hospital, which is where she still is today. She has several blood clots in both lungs, and her diabetes is out of control, so once we can get her blood thickness regulated, and her diabetes IN control, she will be able to go home.

The thought of Brutus being kenneled all day broke my heart, so Don took Brutus back to the cities with him, and we put him in doggy daycare, which is in the same building where he took his training classes, and where he stayed when we went to Kansas. It has been great for him. He goes in at 7:00 in the morning when Don heads to work, and stays until 5:00 at night when Don is heading home. Other than a half an hour of quiet time in the morning and afternoon, he plays and plays and plays with the other dogs and staff. Each day, Don gets a little report card on Brutus's day. He's been a very proud dad!!

Even though I have missed him terribly, I must say that I have been so busy going back and forth to the hospital that it has been a huge relief to not have to worry about my boy being sad at home alone. :)

Keep positive thoughts that next week will be better, and Brutus will be back to getting into mischief.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully they can get things figured out and your mom will be heading home soon! At least in all of this...to put a bright side on it...you haven't had to deal with ticks!

    ReplyDelete