Sunday, August 21, 2011

White Rice and Dead Daylilies

I'm guessing that you are wondering what one has to do with the other. Fair warning, it isn't a pretty story.

Let me start by saying that the best made plans never go unpunished. I know that that isn't technically the "real" saying, but it's my saying. Every time I think something is going to go really awesome, it usually has a glitch, and when something isn't planned, it usually goes awesome. I call it LIFE. So anyway, If you read the prior post, you know that Brutus went to the doctor on Thursday, had anesthesia and stayed home from the lake this weekend. My great plan was that he was going to be sleepy sleepy sleepy, and I was going to get a ton of work done on my website, and a LOT of sleep. The Vet assured me that Brutus would be sleepy for 24 hours from having anesthesia, and I was supposed to give him two Benadryl twice a day to help relieve the itching from the rash on his skin, and that would make him drowsy too. Even Better!! Well, it totally backfired, and I mean that literally and figuratively.

Brutus got terrible diarrhea. I hate even typing that word, because it isn't the greatest subject, but it was bad. I don't know if it was from the stress of going to the Vet, the anesthesia, the antibiotics or Dad leaving without him, but the poor guy was sick. Not only did he get up every three hours during the night, but he whined......constantly. I haven't gotten any work done on my website (for my big up and coming business...insert smiley face here) and I didn't get any sleep. I am beat. Now on to the white rice and dead flowers.

Every time Brutus needed to go to the bathroom, he ran to the front door. I wasn't about to waste time coaxing a dog with diarrhea to the downstairs door, so I just opened the front door to the house and let him go. For some reason, every time he went out, he chose to poop on my daylilies. I went out a little bit ago to check the damage, and they were massacred. Let's just say that it took many plastic grocery bags, and the gardening scissors to clean up the mess. Ugh!! And as for the white rice, it will be the diet Brutus will be on for the next 48 hours. White rice and browned hamburger. The good news is that he likes it better than his dog food.

I talked to Don a couple hours ago. He's had a great weekend having cocktails with the neighbors and fishing. Most of me is really happy for him, but there's that little part of me that wants to beat him up. It takes me back to being a new mom. The child care is never balanced!! I made him well aware that when he gets home, Brutus is Daddy's boy!! I will gather the plastic bags for him ahead of time. ;D

1 comment:

  1. poor poor boy.. he's just having a rough time of it, isn't he?? glad he's got such a good mommy to take care of him!

    ReplyDelete