Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Finally Met My Sleep Mate

For those of you reading this that know me, you know that I love and NEED my sleep. A good 9-10 hours, and I'm very easy to live with. Less than that, and I start to drag. I know what you're thinking. Believe me, I know!

Well, when we first got Brutus, we were sure that he was going to need to get up to go potty right when Don got out of bed at 6:00 in the morning. To our surprise, he didn't move. Actually, he wouldn't move. At first, Don would pull him off of the bed to take him out, and Brutus would go down to the door and just stand there. Don figured he was saying "are you kidding me, it's cold out there". It was a "no go".

So, Don started waiting until 6:30 when he was done with his shower. Still no luck. Brutus was usually snoring, and had no intention of being pulled out of his slumber to pee. So then Don decided he would wait until 6:45 when he opened the garage door. That would usually stir Brutus, and he figured he could get him to go outside then. It worked for a couple days, and then Brutus got used to Don's work schedule, and didn't really care that he was leaving FOR work, coming home from work mattered to him much more. So Don gave up. What we have found is that Brutus also needs a good 9-10 hours of sleep. We both go to sleep at 10:00 PM, and we're both content to wake up at 8:00 AM. Now the only battle is who gets to pee first. I know, too much information!

No comments:

Post a Comment