Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nap Time

This weather has thrown a big wrench in to our (my) routine. A week ago I was able to walk Brutus in sweats and a t-shirt, and didn't have to give much thought to him getting muddy or wet. This week I have to bundle up in a coat, scarf, gloves, shoes with a good grip on the bottom, and make sure I have a towel in the entry way for when we get home so I can clean the mud and slush off of Brutus. It's a bummer with a capital B!

The weatherman described today's precipitation as shnizzle. Clever huh?? A good old combination of snow and drizzle. It didn't matter to Brutus. If I went anywhere near the front door, he was right there in front of me with that pathetic look on his face that said, very simply, PLEEEEASE let's go! So off we went. I came back cold and miserable and wet, and Brutus came back happy, content and ready for a cozy nap. Oh to be Brutus. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment