Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hello Everyone

Hi there,

It seems like Brutus and I haven't been here for weeks! It's been a little busy and crazy around here. I managed to recover from my migraine, which I'm sure Brutus had nothing to do with, yeah right, and on Monday night my oldest son Nick came to the lake to stay for a week. Brutus was so happy to see a boy, and a human being that moved! He loves Nick. Nick has huge hands that can cover a great amount of space on his belly in a very short amount of time, and Brutus knows it, so I swear that all Nick has to do is look at him and say "hey Brutus", and Brutus is on his back ready for a belly rub. I wonder if I started doing that, but laid on my tummy, if I could get a back rub? Hmmm. Something to think about.

As you all know, Brutus was very naughty last week, so we are still trying to figure out how to make that right. Our neighbors are being very gracious and insisting all will be fine, but we are insisting that we make Brutus's damage right. It will all work out in the end. In the meantime, "Brutus" bought a nice mum to take over to Pam with a little note of apology attached. Mom has been trying to learn how to edit pictures for her photo club, so this was not only the morally correct thing to do, but it was educational too. Double score!
Don's parents came on Tuesday to spend the week with us also, so we've been busy shopping and eating and visiting and eating, and eating. Brutus loves all of the attention, but by 9:00 at night, he's begging to go to bed. He doesn't like to sleep alone, so he usually stands at the bottom of the stairs and gives me the look. If I move at all, he runs up the stairs. If I haven't followed him, he'll come back downstairs and do the same thing all over again. He's also been trying to train Nick to give him treats when he rings the bell to go outside to go potty, and then takes a quick right for the treat counter instead, but Nick is very tough with him. No treats for Brutus. Just belly rubs.

So, when all is quiet around here, Brutus and I will bring you a nice big update. Until then, have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment