Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mmm, Yeah, A Little Inappropriate. Oh Well

This morning was GORGEOUS! I was just getting ready to finish up a couple things and take Brutus out for his walk when my friend Pam called to see if I wanted to go for a walk. Talk about perfect timing, and Brutus adores Pam, so I knew it would be OK to bring him with. Once Brutus is familiar with someone, he doesn't do the whole "gotta jump all over you to say hello" thing. That makes me crazy, especially when I don't hear cars come in the driveway so I can't be out there to stand on his tie to hold him down while people say "hello" to him. Once he says "hi", he is typically fine. If you ignore him, you're on your own. You have to say "hi Brutus", pat him on the head so he feels acknowledged, and then he's good to go. I know, annoying, but he likes to feel important.

Anyway, I digress as usual. Pam and I took Brutus and headed out for a really nice long walk. If we go down the private dirt road and back, it's a little over two miles, and today we went a ways beyond that, so it was a really nice long walk. On our way back, we were about a quarter of a mile from home, and Brutus disappeared. I beeped him, and called for him, but he was gone. Our friend Russ went by on his four wheeler, and we asked him to keep his eye out for Brutus, but when he headed back down the road, he said he hadn't seen him. Honestly, I wasn't worried. I have gotten to know Brutus well enough to know that if he takes off, he will come home if able, and if he is warm, there is a 99% chance that I will find him in his purple pool (I still say it was the best $10.00 I have ever spent). Pam was pretty worried when we parted, but sure enough, I got home, and there he sat, in his purple pool. I kind of figured that he was getting overheated and decided to head home and take a little swim. It would have been nice if he could have told us.

After Brutus and I had cooled down from our walk, I needed to head out to get my picture of the day for my photo club that I joined. Now I'm jumping ahead. Let me go back a little. Yesterday afternoon I took Brutus to Eau Claire shopping at PetSmart. He needed a new leash, and some chicken strips, and he picked out a stuffed "flea". He gets very attached to his stuffed items, until he unstuffs them and then they end up in the toy box with the rest of the toys that he gets bored with, but right now he is in love with his stuffed flea, so it goes everywhere with him. I had to trick him to get him out the door for our walk this morning without it. I was only going the equivalent of a block to get my pictures today, so I didn't care if it came with. What cracked me up is that I was talking to him while we were going down the road, and kind of verbally teasing him about needing to bring with his toy, and he kept giving me this look like "what, doesn't every big boy bring with their stuffed flea when they go on walks?". He is just too cute.
Here is where it gets inappropriate. Fair warning. I'm snapping pictures of Brutus as we're walking down the road to my photo opportunity destination, and he can't even put down his stuffed toy to go potty. I'm sorry, but I just don't even know what to say about that. I thought it was funny. He didn't miss a beat.
And, in case anyone is curious about the picture I took for the photo club, here it is. Have a happy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice pix. Also like the one of the frog on the window pane. RP

    ReplyDelete