Thursday, September 2, 2010

Aaaaah Choo!!

Brutus has seasonal allergies. The poor guy has spent the last three days with his eyes a little swollen and oozing (sorry, there just isn't a nice way to say that), and he's been sneezing and scratching his face with his paws. I finally called his vet in the cities today to see if there was anything I could do to make him more comfortable until this passes. This is when the sky opened, and the angels began to sing. She told me that I could give him 75 mg. of Benadryl twice a day (based on his weight), BUT, here comes the best part, it would make him SLEEPY!! Wait, what did she say? Did she say sleepy? OK, not only could I help Brutus feel better, but I could catch a break too? Yep, those were angels I heard singing. I thanked her profusely, hung up the phone and started to break open those little child proof wrappers! I didn't want him to chew the Benadryl, so I put each tablet in a little piece of bread with some butter on it, and sure enough, he swallowed each one whole. And the result??? See below. May I say that it's been a lovely day, and my house is actually kind of clean. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment